10 Apr Fri • ARTICLE: "YELLOW BUS"
• Giles Woodforde spots something different on his permitted daily walk. → Giles Woodforde
10 Apr Fri • ARTICLE: "ZIG-ZAG"
• Kidlington's Lilian Cooper proposes a new way forward in her topical but entertaining article about the way we walk to and from the shops. → Lilian Cooper
10 Apr Fri • ARTICLE: "ON CREATIVE WRITING"
• In her delightful and imaginative short story, Kidlington's Rosemary Hutchinson encourages us all to have a go at creative writing. 'You can stay at home and travel anywhere,' she says. → Rosemary Hutchinson
10 Apr Fri • ARTICLE: "THERE'S MUCH YET TO CELEBRATE"
• On the first day of the lockdown, Kidlington resident James Hamilton shares some early morning thoughts on his solitary walkabout in a freshly inviting space surrounding the village. → James Hamilton
10 Apr Fri • CURIOUS MINDS
• You may feel you've already found lots to do in the empty time suddenly available, but just in case you'd like to explore something new, the University of Oxford is offering various opportunities: → Curious Minds
10 Apr Fri • LETTER TO THE NATION
• The Prime Minister has written to everyone about our collective response to the outbreak of the coronavirus. Here follows a copy of his letter which you can expect to arrive in the post at your home over the next several days: → Letter to the Nation
10 Apr Fri • SELF-ISOLATING? NEED HELP?
• Thames Valley Police in partnership with Kidlington Parish Council have set up a hotline to support you. If you or your neighbours need help while self-isolating in the Kidlington area then telephone 01865-817722. For details see Poster Parade, here: → Poster Parade
10 Apr Fri • BE A KIDLINGTON WRITER
• At home with an idea for creative writing? Ready to publish that article to inform your fellow villagers? It's time to write — become a Kidlington Writer. For details see Poster Parade, here: → Poster Parade
10 Apr Fri • LOCAL HOT FOOD DELIVERY
• The Willow Tree is extending its hot cooked meal delivery service in the Kidlington area. For details see Poster Parade, here: → Poster Parade
10 Apr Fri • KN DEADLINE
• by noon today please, deadline for submission of articles for the May 2020 edition of the printed magazine Kidlington News. Deliver your article to Exeter Hall, or by email to: email@example.com
18 Apr Sat • Cancelled
• 10.00am to 3.00pm at Kidlington Library. Cherwell Community Archaeology.
18 Apr Sat • Cancelled
MR MEN & LITTLE MISS
• Performances 2.00pm and 4.00pm at The Theatre Chipping Norton. Childrens' Mr Men & Little Miss On Stage.
22 Apr Wed • Cancelled
• 12.30pm to 2.00pm lunch and meeting for members of Kidlington Voice. Guest speaker Rachel Faulkner, Clerk to Kidlington Parish Council.
28 Apr Tue • Cancelled
• 7.50pm at The Willow Tree Cafe, Moorside Place, The Moors, Kidlington. 'A unique insight into Kidlington's historic relations with the Dukes of Marlborough as revealed in Blenheim Archives'. A talk by Dr Alexa Frost — Blenheim Archivist.