05 Aug Wed 📃 ★★★ Article • A PERSONAL REFLECTION
• In his personal reflection on the year to date, Giles asks, 'Is the Union Jack upside down?' ⇛ Giles Woodforde
05 Aug Wed ↪ We're Back • DRUNKDRY BAR AND EATS
• DrunkDry now extended and open with menu and outdoor table-service. Click on DrunkDry's card here
📃 Article • COMET NEOWISE
• 'Possibly the most dramatic comet since Hale-Bopp in 1997,' writes Roger Davies. ⇛ Roger Davies
01 Aug Sat ↪ Re-Open • KIDLINGTON FOOTBALL CLUB
• Kidlington Football Club reopened on Saturday 4th July within Covid-19 guidelines. Opening hours — Saturdays: noon to 11.00pm. Sundays: noon to 6.00pm. Fridays: 3.00pm to 11.00pm. Live football matches on TV broadcast on Sky and BT Sports are available to view in the Club's social area. For more about KFC click on the Club's card here
📃 Article • THE KIDLINGTON PIE
• Oxford poet Stilly bakes an exceptional pie for Kidlington: it's a pie that's the pride of the WI. ⇛ Stilly
📃 Article • THE MANIC MINUTE
• Firefighter Gideon Ring tells his recruitment story into Oxfordshire's Fire Service. ⇛ Gideon Ring
📃 Article • STARGAZING • AUGUST 2020
• Roger Davies invites us to look up and take in the big picture as he describes the sky at night over Kidlington. ⇛ Roger Davies
📃 Article • GOING BACK TO UNIVERSITY
Event Organisers — when you are able to confirm an upcoming event subject to any further lockdown restrictions please notify Louise Lloyd by email to email@example.com and include your event in this Calendar.
• Ella Gauci returns with sage advice about continuing to study. ⇛ Ella Gauci
📃 Article • SUMMER'S GARDENS AND THE POETS
• John Batchelor leads us onto an immaculate lawn with Marvell, Kipling, and Shakespeare. ⇛ John Batchelor
📃 Article • AN EXTRAORDINARY JOURNEY
• James Hamilton takes a phenomenal flight high above the buttercup fields of Kidlington. ⇛ James Hamilton
<📃 Article • IN PRAISE OF COW PARSLEY
• James Hamilton reveals a presence hidden in every corner of every field. ⇛ James Hamilton
♦ Advertisement • Oxford Duplication Centre • Safely preserve your family's photographs and videos 📃 Article • LOCKDOWN MEDAL
⇛ Oxford Duplication Centre
• Graham Kirby considers VE-Day and reflects on how prisoners of war in Europe supported each other. ⇛ Graham Kirby
📃 Article • POETRY AND CRISIS: EDWARD THOMAS
• John Batchelor recalls the times, settings, and poetry of Edward Thomas. ⇛ John Batchelor
♦ Advertisement • Furniture and Design of Oxford • Bespoke Handmade Kitchens and Interiors.
⇛ Furniture and Design of Oxford
♦ Advertisement • Kidlington Football Club • Home fixtures played at Yarnton Road.
⇛ Kidlington Football Club
♦ Advertisement • Evolution Tattoo Studio Ltd • Post lockdown tattoo? Cover up? A new piece of work? Or just need some advice?
⇛ Evolution Tattoo Studio
⚫ Information • SELF-ISOLATING? NEED HELP?
• Thames Valley Police in partnership with Kidlington Parish Council have set up a hotline to support you. If you or your neighbours need help while self-isolating in the Kidlington area then telephone 01865-817722. For details see Poster Parade, here: Poster Parade
⚫ Information • WRITERS WARMLY WELCOMED • At home with an idea for creative writing? Ready to publish your article to inform your fellow villagers? It's time to write — become a Kidlington Writer. For details, contact louise.lloyd @kvoice.co.uk
📃 Article • OXYMORONICA
• Louise Lloyd discovers a new word in Summertown. But where did she find it — and what does it mean? ⇛ Louise Lloyd
📃 Article • THE TRACY WAY
• Lyn Mason pays tribute to her Kidlington friend Tracy Jameson whose life featured in the BBC TV documentary Miriam's Dead Good Adventures
. ⇛ Lyn Mason
♦ Advertisement • DrunkDry Ltd. Kidlington off-licence now open. • Strict social distancing in store. Collect Only. ★★★ QUOTE CODE 'KV358' for Kidlington Voice Readers' Discount of 10% off all drinks collected in June 2020.
⇛ DrunkDry Ltd.
♦ Advertisement • The Children's House • Montessori Nursery School in Kidlington.
⇛ The Children's House
♦ Advertisement • SupportComm • Photocopiers and professional printers for your office.
📃 Article • CHURCH STREET HONEY
• Kitty Knight explains the harvesting process for producing Church Street Honey. ⇛ Kitty Knight
📃 Article • DIARY OF A NOVICE BEEKEEPER
• Henrietta Batchelor takes delivery of her first beehive and discovers she has a whole new language to learn. ⇛ Henrietta Batchelor
📃 Article • A SWARM IN MAY
• Andy Pedley safely relocates a swarm of bees nesting in a street in Kidlington. ⇛ Andy Pedley
♦ Advertisement • Pitman Optometrists • Pitman Optometrists has been providing local independent eye care in Oxfordshire for over 25 years.
⇛ Pitman Optometrists
♦ Advertisement • The Yurt at Nicholsons • The Yurt at Nicholsons provides simple and surprising delights under canvas in its tree nursery in North Aston.
⇛ The Yurt at Nicholsons
♦ Advertisement • Plumbing & Heating • Bathrooms, kitchens, central heating, solar.
⇛ Steve Cross
♦ Advertisement • Smile With Us • Kidlington Dental Practice
⇛ Smile With Us
♦ Advertisement • JLDA • Design, Planning Applications, Listed Building Consents & Building Regulations Applications.
♦ Advertisement • Lincroft Meadow Care Home • Cosy, comfortable, elegant.
⇛ Lincroft Meadow
♦ Advertisement • Chipping Norton Theatre • Upcoming Performances.
⇛ Chipping Norton Theatre
♦ Advertisement • Oxon-Tech • Managed IT support for business.
♦ Advertisement • Evolution Hair Design • Need a trim? A new hair style? Make an appointment with Kidlington's Evolution Hair Design Salon.
⇛ Evolution Hair Design